Senior Legal Officer
- RDRS Bangladesh, a reputed national NGO, is inviting eligible and deserving candidates to apply for the Position of “Senior Legal Officer”. Interested eligible candidates are requested to apply online.
- Work across RDRS working area (Districts, Units, Upazilas) as needs dictate, and requires active involvement in the court case & legal matters assigned by the Authority.
- Maintain evidential portfolio of ongoing court cases updated.
- Check & examine the records of RDRS lands and keep all land, buildings and facilities related papers/file updated.
- Make a plan related to Payment of Land Development Tax, Holding Tax, Mutation & BS Record.
- Pay Land Development Tax, Holding Tax and update related files District/Unit Office wise and preserve the file at Central Coordination Office Rangpur.
- Take initiatives to Mutation of RDRS land where necessary.
- Collect & preserve BS record of RDRS land.
- Take Necessary initiatives to correct of record of the right of RDRS land where necessary.
- Check all agreements of RDRS (of tenants and business/ program partners) and advice RDRS Management aware about the terms and conditions of the agreements.
- Plan for the optimum utilization of RDRS land, building and other resources in a cost-effective and profitable manner. This includes suggesting new schemes for development and commenting on development schemes suggested by others.
- Furnish necessary information/ documents to investigation officer and necessary support, legal knowledge & basic facts/ information’s are provided to the informant, complainant and witnesses.
- Provide full support to engage lawyers in preparing Complaint petition/ Plaint/Written statement and assist lawyer during filing court cases/charge hearing/ preemptory hearing and argument stage.
- Prepare appropriate written reply when RDRS received notice from government offices, Autonomous Body regarding payment of TAX, VAT, LAND Development Tax etc. and hearing before the respective authority on schedule date.
- Prepare draft of all kind of agreement such as house lease agreement, commodities purchase/ sell agreement, Security/cleaning service related agreement, any kind of servicing/maintenance agreement, Affidavit of motorcycle ownership transfer, Partnership agreement and various entrepreneurship agreements.
- Prepare legal notice, written reply of legal notice, written reply of the different notice sending by government institutions, semi government institutions, Autonomous body or individual and send the reply as appropriate.
- Prepare Draft of General Diary (GD)/ First Information Report (FIR) against the miscreants who cause threats and hampers peaceful atmosphere of the office and lodge GD or FIR to the respective Police Station.
- Check & examine the record of rights before purchasing any land, signing any lease or rental agreements.
- Many other tasks furnish on the spot for better management of the court cases and all possible support on legal matters offer to RDRS Management.
- Provide legal advice regarding disciplinary measures, release termination & dismissal from service to the concerned authority of the RDRS programmes, Bi-lateral project, RDRS Enterprise if needed.
- Undertake frequent field visits to legal support as and when needed.
- Supervise RDRS Facilities including buildings, land and other assets on regular basis and report to RDRS Management.
- Any other task/ duties assigned by RDRS Management.
- Master of Law (LLM) with certificate of Bangladesh Bar Council.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum 03 years experience in related field.
- Must be efficient in computer operation and MS Office.
- Must be efficient in typing both in Bangla and English.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Tk. 27517 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Each festival bonus is equivalent to monthly basic salary.
Read Before Apply
Application Deadline : 20 Feb 2021